Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Veganism?

I so start and stop different things in my life, never quite accomplishing what I set out to do! Does that sound familiar?  So this morning as I was looking around the computer when I saw a post on facebook about some dog treats from China that were toxic to dogs! and I started to research to see what else I could find when I came across this blog? http://socalmuchacha.wordpress.com/2007/08/21/wal-mart-pulls-chicken-jerky-dog-treats-produced-in-china/  From there I followed a link to a 21 day to Vegan link, http://socalmuchacha.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/21-day-vegan-kickstart-begins-tomorrowhoppin-john-salad/.  I found this very interesting as I have been almost vegetarian due to health reasons. I know that Ellen is a huge fan and doesn't she look great? So I thought what the heck! Then I saw that NEAL BARNARD M.D. (one of America's leading health advocates) and PCRM (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) are hosting this event that actually happened in 2010, (I think).  Leave it to me to be a little behind!  lol

I am a little excited and a little fearful!  I have to cook for a meat and potatoes kind of man.  I don't work outside the home, so all grocery shopping is actually done by the both of us all of the time, so sneaking in a healthy meal plan will be tricky! Come along with me to see how I'm doing with that and what kinds of resistance I will encounter! : )

I awoke with a blood sugar of 138 and I actually followed a dear friend's advice and added cinnamon to my coffee this morning.  You have to add it the coffee grounds, so I only make a half post since hubby doesn't like it like that!

So I am off to eat me some steel cut oatmeal that I made in the slow cooker! Then I am going to do me some Wii to see if I can earn me a piece of gum yet!!!  lmbo! I am starting all this from the bottom so no where to go but UP!! lol

Here are a couple of cards I finished last night.  Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment