Blogger Layouts

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Now that figures ...

I have been trying, and tying and really working hard on developing my website!
You see I DID NOT want to learn anything at all about web hosting and web casting and web building or about SEO or WordPress or anything to with it at ALL!  Am I coming off strongly enough that I did not want to do this?  All I wanted to do was make my cards.  I tried etsy but did not have good results.  So here was my next step, I was contacted by a man someone I meet in Manta.  His company True Contact Designs and he used the name G. Hooks!  Should that have been my first clue? but nooooooo....I was calling him greg, never noticing!! I was so excited to talk to someone who was gonna do all that for me!! YAY! FINALLY.  Hahaha on me. SCAM ARTIST IS WHAT HE IS.   You see ... before him and his six months of bs; then there was AT&T WEB HOSTING that my hubby was so great to have surprised me with and bought me a website!!!  THANK YOU TEDDY!  And the att one was advertised to be up and running in 15 MINUTES! (you can check) Well the first 24 hours I was patient.  After phone calls and promises I was patient the next 24 hours.  This went on for 2 weeks.  All the phone calls and the listening to their advertisement while I waited for the next operator and THE ANNOUNCEMENT that they were having difficulties and they were AWARE!  Now a month has went by and my patience is REALLY running low!  This was gonna suck because I could not get on my website to add the pictures of my cards and sell them.  And this right before the holidays.  So bummed I was. This was now October of 2011.  I finally gave up and was so ready to get lied to and scammed out of 80 bucks! Another lesson learned, grr.  I was ripe for the pickin' as my mom would say!


Now on to FAT COW.  I finally choose this company.  It has a drag and drop so it should have been simple to do, I really AM a smart girl and I do learn easy from directions!  It had a few hiccups but that could have been avoided if the techs had told me the WHOLE STORY AT THE SAME TIME!!! Uhhhh I swear I have no idea how we got to where we are with man running things!!! (everyone I spook with WAS a man!)  Just sayin' !!!! CUZ IT'S TRUE!  I'm only a little frustrated today, can you tell? Geeezzzzz. 


The good news?  I did finally figure it out with just one more piece of info from the techs yesterday.  So please bear with me as I get this figured out.  The issue now is getting the photos re sized (yet again!!! for the 4th time) so they can be uploaded correctly.  There is a lot to look at now and order! So even though the pictures will be replaced with the correct size they are still viewable.  Some of the pages are empty until I finish resizing so that's that.  I'm all better now, thanks, and now on down the path!


So in spite of the aggravation I felt this morning; I am going to smile bright because I KNOW I have this!  And everyone I meet today will get that same smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment