Blogger Layouts

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ok! Here it goes!

Well, I heard that's it's better to start a new habit during the week and since Wednesday fell on Sept. 1st, I thought it a perfect day to start a new chapter! So I am starting in a bad place. I know I should not have let it go this long however, when you have to push yourself to do anything, things (stress) can get ya down if you let it. I guess I'm tired of letting it affect me so I decided to change! Sounds easy doesn't it? The hardest thing is to decide, to make better choices, so that's what my intentions are! That is why I have started writing again.
I have a lot on my plate right now.
I am helping keep my sister sane and calm while she deals with some very trying challenges in her life.
I am in the midst of fundraising for JDRF, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, and so far that is going good. I do have one thing to make a decision about and that is: One gas station/store in my neighborhood said that they would most certainly sell shoes (JDRF's signature icon) for me. That was such great news, however, when I went to purchase something from there......no shoes were in sight and they didn't ask me if I wanted to buy one! Now I don't quite know what to do about that.
I just got through canning tomatoes for our garden. I had help from a friend for the second batch. And the hubby helped with the third. Thank goodness! I 'bout killed my back doing them so I'm thinkin' this might be the last year for salsa. : ) The first and third batch was Salsa!!! One peach and one batch pineapple mango!!! Yum yum are they going to be good this winter!
I have this sad connection with food!! lol I love it! It DOES NOT love me back though!
Another item I got caught up in was my son's issue with a local Stop N Go in his neighborhood kicked him out of the store because of his guide dog!!! Would not let the man come into the store with his EYES!! That was a story on the 10:00 Fox2Detroit New last night.
I am planning a murder mystery dinner to benefit JDRF and since I have never done anything like this before, it will have some bumps in the road!
And the last thing is making my cards. A family member told me that Hallmark sells or has a section for handmade cards, so I am finding out info on that! Is that everything? Oh of course not! I still have to drive my hubby to work and pick him up, clean the house, fix dinner, and watch the clock so I take my sugars regularly. Ok, I'm tired now that I wrote it all down on ?paper? LOL
So my sugars are up in the 200 to 300 range and it must come down if I want to live a life of productivity! Been doing a pretty good job except for that raspberry (from our garden)/apple pie I mad yesterday. Man O man was that good!!! And man did my body hate me for that. I'm still paying today, which was not a good decision! Each day we learn how to "rise above our raising" as Dr Phil says! Been eating a lot of salad, thank goodness I love salad! It has lots of veggies in it cuz I love veggies!
More tomorrow. Remember to enjoy every second of every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment