Blogger Layouts

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ok, how's everyone doing today? I happen to feeling good today. I have so much to do today. Yay. It's a good day when you have a lot to accomplish! I woke up with heartburn which is my sign that my sugar is too high. : ( I checked it and got a 240 reading. Lots of work needed there! I know it can be done, I've done it before. : ) It usually takes 4 or 5 days to bring it to reasonable.

I've made myself Dr. Oz's Magic Drink to start my day off right. It's not bad. I didn't have a ripe banana and I added raspberry honey along with a little cinnamon. Oh and a little ice, cuz I love cold, really cold drinks. I also cut the recipe in half cuz it's just for me! Wow that's a powerful statement!!! I'm going to say that alot from now on.....just for me! Right? We need to put us first so that we can tend to others. I hear that from a few different people. And that's what my goal is!

I am going to start carrying a little notebook to compile all my to do's and use it to write my blood sugars down. I'm hoping by doing this it will help me to remember to check my sugar more often in between the to do's and also to grab a handful of veggies. Can you eat to many veggies? Sooo so glad I love veggies! Oh yeah, and I'm going to give up my diet A&W pop!
I started drinking it again at Christmas (to help me stay away from the bad stuff!) Now I have one 2 liter bottle left then I'm done. I did the same with coffee so that also is going. I only had one cup this morning.

Well I'm off here now to get some paperwork done, download a movie from the VCR so I can change that to DVD while I clean the kitchen really deep! Gotta get it ready to cook something good tonight! Everyone have a great day and remember to give your smile away!

Here is the recipe for Dr. Oz's Magic Drink ~~ 2 servings, 136 calories per serving

1 scoop ( 1/3 cup ) Soy protein (like Natures' Plus Spiru- Tein or Solaray Soytein)
1/2 Tablespoon flaxseed oil
1/4 Cup frozen blueberries
1/2 Large ripe banana ( or other fruit of your choice )
1/2 Tablespoon apple juice concentrate or honey
1 teaspoon Psyillium seed husks

Peel banana; break into chunks. Put all ingredients in a blender. Add 12 ounces of water and ice as well as powdered vitamins. ( I skipped this because mine are not powdered ) Cover and blend until fairly smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment